Become a Substitute
A substitute is a person paid on a day-to-day basis in the place of an absent employee or in a vacant position. A substitute does not receive benefits.
Determination of amount of substitute pay is made by Human Resources only.
Please review the following steps in order to become a substitute for Mobile County Public Schools:
1. Create a Substitute Standard Application at the following link: Substitute Application
2. Attach your Substitute Standard Application to a posted Substitute advertisement.
3. Once your application is reviewed, you will receive an email with further instructions. The email will come from a "firstname.lastname@example.org' email address, so if you do not see it in your inbox, please check your Spam and Junk folders before contacting Human Resources.
4. Refer to the Resource Links below in order to access necessary documents.
5. If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources department at (251) 221-4500.
TYPE OF SUBSTITUTE PAY QUALIFICATIONS
|Non-Certified Substitute||$90.00||Current AL Substitute Teacher license, but no college degree|
|Non-Certified Substitute with a college degree||$105.00||A Bachelors degree from an accredited institution is required. The degree does not have to be in an education-related field.|
|Retired Teacher/Out of State Retired Teacher||$115.00|| Retired Certified Teacher with a non-current, Alabama teaching certificate and |
twenty or more years of verified teaching experience
|Certified Substitute||$140.00||Current AL Teacher certificate|
|CATEGORY II / Long-Term Teacher||$260.00||Current AL Teacher certificate & teaching in-field, long term sub|
|CATEGORY IV - Leadership / Administrator||$300.00||Current AL Leadership certificate, serving in-field|