Classified employees help to secure the safety, health, and well being of the students who attend Mobile County Public Schools. Classified personnel provide the service and support that our schools and central office need to function properly and efficiently. They clean our buildings, prepare meals, maintain our facilities, transport our students, ensure school safety, operate computer labs, work with special needs students, provide administrative support, and maintain records and information.
Must have completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education, which may be accomplished by documented successful completion of 48 semester hours at a regionally accredited institution of higher education; OR
Must have obtained an associate’s degree, which may be accomplished by documented successful completion of 64 semester hours at a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
Must possess academic competence in language and mathematical skills.
Must attach official college transcripts to application prior to application deadline to be considered for the position.
Pre-Kindergarten Paraprofessionals must also have at least 9 semester hours of early childhood or child development coursework from a regionally accredited institution or a CDA (Child Development Associate) credential.
CLASSIFIED ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
Must have a bachelor's degree or higher. The applicant must meet appropriate requirements or be eligible to meet all local and state requirements of the position.
CENTRAL OFFICE AND SCHOOL-BASED CLERICAL POSITIONS
The Mobile County Public School System (MCPSS) administers an Office Proficiency Basic Skills Test for applicants who are recommended for employment in central office and school-based clerical positions. Applicants must be recommended for employment by a hiring manager in order to schedule an appointment for testing.
A substitute is a person paid on a day-to-day basis in the place of an absent employee or in a vacant position. Substitutes are not considered an employee of MCPSS. There is a separate application for substitutes and it may be accessed by visiting the Mobile County Substitute Application here: SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION
MCPSS uses email as our primary means of communication and, as such, you must have a valid email address which you can access and check regularly.
To apply for a job opening visit: ALABAMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION.
Information on the Classified application process is below:
Classified Application Process
STEP 1: CREATE ONLINE APPLICATION
- Applicants working outside the Mobile County Public School System must complete the ALSDE Online Application: STANDARD APPLICATION
- Current MCPSS employees must complete the online Internal Employee Application: TRANSFER APPLICATION
STEP 2: APPLY FOR ADVERTISED VACANCY
- All classified applicants must apply to an MCPSS advertised vacancy through their online application by the application deadline to be eligible for hire in that position. Log into your online application to view/apply to advertised vacancies.
STEP 3: MAKE CONTACT
- Contact our schools (or departments, for Central Office candidates) and let them know of your interest in employment with them. A current list of schools can be found on our website at: www.mcpss.com under OUR SCHOOLS.
STEP 4: INTERVIEW
- Selected applicants will be contacted directly by the school or Central Office administration for on-site interviews.