Child Nutrition Program
“We Serve Education Every Day”
The mission of the Mobile County Public School Systems Child Nutrition Program is to provide healthy and nutritious meals daily to all of the District’s students in accordance with all applicable guidelines.
Goals of Child Nutrition:
- Serve nutritionally adequate, appealing and healthy meals
- Help children grow socially and emotionally
- Extend educational influences to the homes of school children
- Improve children’s food habits with the ultimate goal of developing healthy adults
- Comply with federal, state, and local requirements
What is CEP?
The Community Eligibility Program states that all enrolled students of the Mobile County Public School System are eligible to receive a healthy, reimbursable breakfast and lunch at school at no charge. No further action is required of you. Your students will be able to participate in these meal programs without having to pay a fee or submit an application.
If a la carte items are selected, each student will be required to
pay for the additional items at the food prices approved by our
district’s board of education.
View the CEP New Release
The Wellness Plan encompasses the recommendations for nutrition and exercise provided by the Alabama State Department of Education, USDA and Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010. This plan helps to provide a school environment that models health promotion and takes action to combat the rising health risks in children.
All of our meals must meet the new USDA Nutrition Standards, which require the following:
- Fat free and 1% milk choices
- More whole grains
- Larger portions on fruit servings at breakfast and lunch
- Larger portions on vegetable servings and specific vegetable types that must be served (dark green, red/orange, beans/peas, etc.)
- Less portions of meat
- Age appropriate calorie limits
- Less sodium
- Less saturated fat
When school is out, meals are in. The MCPSS Child Nutrition Department offers one of the largest summer feeding programs in the state of Alabama. Meals are provided to all children 18 years and under at no cost. Registration is not required to receive meals.
|Ms. Caroll L. McQueen||Food Services Director||251-221-4374|
|Amanda Reyer||CNP Specialist||251-221-4374|
|Peggy Savell||CNP Specialist||251-221-4374|
|Felecia Adams||Operations Supervisor||251-221-4374|
|Harolyn Ezell||Computer Support||251-221-4374|
|Briana Bell||CNP Clerk||251-221-4374|
|Diane Hammac||CNP Clerk||251-221-4374|
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider."