Mobile County Public School System First Class Pre-K
Students who attend First Class Pre-K
- are ready for kindergarten
- out perform their peers in reading and math
- have higher attendance rates
- are less likely to require special education placement
- are less likely to repeat grades
Students pre-registering for Pre-K must be four-years old on or before September 1st.
All students pre-registering should have an original birth certificate, bring to the onsite screening.
Parents/guardians must bring to the screening, a photo ID and two proofs of residence to pre-register their child.
Students may pre-register for any Pre-K program since all schools do not have Pre-K. Students pre-registering for one of the Title I sites listed below may pre-register for only one site and attend one of the screening sessions in March (must reside within one of the listed Title I school attendance zones).
Any student who resides within the Mobile County Public School System may pre-register for any of the Office of School Readiness Sites (OSR).
Reminder: this is only an application for the Pre-Kindergarten program, not registration. Applying for Pre-K does not guarantee placement into the program.
MOBILE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM
Title I PRE-K SITES - 2021-2022
THESE SITES REQUIRE SCREENING!
E. R. Dickson
Just 4 Developmental Lab
Nan Gray Davis
Mobile County Public School System
Office of School Readiness Sites - 2021-2022
THESE SITES DO NOT REQUIRE SCREENING!
*One random selection classroom at a Title site.
*E. R. Dickson
Mary G. Montgomery Developmental Laboratory
*The following elementary school zones are not Title I for the 2021-2022 school year:
NON-TITLE I ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS 2020-2021
Mary B. Austin
If you reside in one of the above listed "Non-Title I" attendance zones you may apply for any of the Office of School Readiness Sites.
If you are not sure if you reside in one of the above attendance zones please use the school zone locator to determine your school attendance zone. Click the link below to locate your school zone:
*Participation in the Pre-K programs located at Magnet School Sites does not automatically place a child in the Magnet program for kindergarten. Parents must complete the online application the following year for the child to be included in the selection process for kindergarten at the Magnet School.
The Mobile County Public School System serves children with the greatest needs and their families in preschool units, consisting of eighteen (18) four-year-olds, a teacher, and an auxiliary teacher that have been placed in Title I elementary school sites. Approximately 900 children are served in these units. The Just 4 Developmental Laboratory is an early childhood center providing services to approximately 288 four-year-olds. For additional information about Just 4 visit the school website at https://just4devmcpssal.schoolinsites.com/
1. Comprehensive early learning standards
2. Pre-k teachers have a bachelor’s degree
3. Pre-k teachers have specialized early childhood training
4. Assistant Pre-k teachers have a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or equivalent
5. Teachers participate in a substantial number of professional development
6. Maximum class size is 18
7. Staff to child ratio is 1:9
8. Children receive screening, referral and support services for vision, hearing, dental, health and other support areas
9. Children are provided meals and/or snacks
10. Systems hold individual classrooms accountable and monitor to ensure quality standards are being met.