We hope that you will find this page helpful both as an introduction to MCPSS and as a resource to answer questions you may have down the road. As always, the department of Human Resources welcomes any questions, comments, or suggestions, and we look forward to providing any support you need along the way. Thank you for your commitment, welcome to our system, and remember: Learning Today. Leading Tomorrow.
My HR Docs
A very important part of your initial onboarding process is accessing your HR Docs page on your ALSDE online application. Please view this video for more information about accessing that page.
Payroll and I-9 Documents Via Employee Self Service (ESS)
During the hiring process, you will need to register for Employee Self Service in order to complete all applicable Payroll and I-9 documentation. Please review the User's Guide below for information regarding registration for the ESS system and the documents to be completed through it.
Processing Sign off Sheet
The Processing Sign Off Sheet contains several items to review/complete. View the videos below and complete all required steps mentioned.
- Employee Handbook
- Compensatory Time Agreement
- Statement of Teaching Experience
- Statement of Nursing Experience
- Computer Internet and Electronic Communication Acceptable Use Policy, Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy, & Affordable Care Act (ACA) Notification
- Computer, Internet and Electronic Communication Acceptable Use Policy
- Drug-and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy
- Nepotism Form
MCPSS Insurance and Benefits
There are several insurance options and benefits available to MCPSS employees. View the videos and forms below for more information.
- Insurance Introduction
- Insurance Information Form
- Public Education Employees' Health Insurance Plan (PEEHIP)
- Metlife Insurance Form
- MCPSS Designee Card
- Sick Leave Bank (SLB)
- Teachers' Retirement System of Alabama (TRS)
- Retirement Systems of Alabama and TSA Consulting Group Plans
- HR Process Forms:
Frontline- Absence Reporting and Employee Terminal Access
The videos below provide information regarding employee absences, forms for reporting those absences, and information about accessing time punch terminals.
- Frontline (formerly AESOP) System
- KRONOS Time Punch Terminals
- HR 4500 (Missed Punch) Form
- HR-124 Application For Leave Form
Facilities, Maintenance, and Custodial Employees (Including Building Maintenance Engineers)
The Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) requires that all employees who will be working in a maintenance/custodial capacity at school facilities receive asbestos awareness training. This training is mandated by OSHA, enforced by the EPA, and required once per year. This is not a certification to handle asbestos, it is only an awareness training.
Please refer to the following documents for additional information as it pertains to Human Resources.