The Mobile County Public School System strives for excellence throughout the system and is proud to meet the accreditation standards of AdvancED. The Mobile County Public School System received AdvancED accreditation in May 2012. To learn more about AdvancED and the organization’s rigorous accreditation standards, please visit http://www.advanc-ed.org/.
MISSION STATEMENT "The mission of the Mobile County Public School System is to graduate citizens who are literate,responsible and committed to learning over a lifetime."
VISION STATEMENT We envision a Mobile County Public School System where a variety of pathways to academic and career success are available for all students; where adults consistently work in acollaborative school culture to improve student learning; where all educators willingly accept responsibility for the academic success of each student; and where all students become independent life-long learners confident in their ability to succeed in a global society following high school graduation.
CORE BELIEFS We believe a strong and equitable public school system is central to our success in a global economy. We believe the skilled performance of employees at all levels in the school system drives the achievement of high academic standards and determines organizational success. We believe that we must have a high performing school system that encourages employee participation in collaborative, problem-solving activities. Based on these core beliefs, we are committed to:
• Providing an ethical school system that requires fair treatment, honesty, openness,integrity and respect for all stakeholders
• Providing all students with the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential and ensuring that there is no discernable difference between the achievement levels of students by race, gender or economic level
• Placing a principal with strong instructional leadership and management skills as the key leader in every school
• Building and promoting an organizational climate where all teachers take responsibility for the academic achievement of their students
• Enhancing our personnel through meaningful professional staff development
• Operating effectively and efficiently with fiscal accountability
• Educating all students in safe and orderly environments conducive to learning
• Providing all students access to a well-rounded, rigorous curriculum
• Partnering with all stakeholders to maximize student learning
• Embracing our community's diversity and using it to enhance the educational environment
• Providing multiple pathways to graduation which prepare students to make informed career choices
• Preparing all students to be successful in institutions of higher learning or the workforce without a need for remediation
• Using internal and external stakeholder feedback to continually improve the services we offer
• Developing professional learning communities where shared decision making is expected
Allentown Elementary Est. 1997
Mobile County Public School System....
is governed by 5 School Board Members elected by constituents of the districts
has a superintendent that oversees the daily operations of the system and carries out the policies set by the Board.
has a strict uniform policy that is set and enforced at the local school.
Mobile County is Alabama's deep south
Facts About Mobile County....
Located in the southwest corner of Alabama
Covers more than 1,644 square miles
Has a population of more than 398,000
Has a public school enrollment of over 59,000
Employs approximately 8,100 public school employees
Has over 90 public school buildings
Has a public school budget in 2005-2006 of $774,162,616.00