Students who are interested in enrolling in Envision Virtual Academy must be self-motivated, independent learners. Students must meet the following prerequisites:
· The student must be in grades 9-12.
· The student should be at or above grade level for reading and math based on the results of the state assessments.
· The student must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
· The student must be at his or her appropriate grade level based on the student’s cohort year (year student entered 9th grade).
· The student and parent/guardian will be required to participate in an interview prior to being accepted into the program.
· The student must have a desktop or laptop computer. NO EXCEPTIONS!
(I-phones, I-pads, tablets, etc., are not substitutes and are not considered instructional materials that can be used in place of the required desktop or laptop computers.)
· The student must have daily access to the internet.
· The student must have an adult to serve as his or her learning coach.
· The student must have been enrolled in public, private, or homeschool the quarter or semester prior to submitting an application.
· The student and learning coach must complete the Orientation Class (2-3 hours) prior to being accepted into Envision Virtual Academy.
If you are currently a private or homeschool student, you will be required to submit a copy of the latest report card and an unofficial copy of the transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.