Contact: Paula Reese (221-5218)
First Class Pre-K
Gilliard Elementary - Applications due Monday, June 22, 2015
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
St. Elmo Elementary - Applications due Monday, June 22, 2015
8:00 .m. - 10:00 p.m.
Please see the "Additional Pages" for a list of Pre-School sites.
About our Pre-School Division:
The purpose of Preschool is to provide educationally disadvantaged students with readiness skills enabling them to be successful at the next developmental level.
The Preschool Program provides families and children with many experiences including:
The following are requested after you receive your "selection" letter for continued registration for the Preschool Program:
· Reside in a Title I attendance zone
· Four years old on or before September 1, 2014
· Certified Birth Certificate
· Current Immunization Record
· Valid Social Security Card
· Meet eligibility guidelines (as determined by screening instrument)
* Parents registering their child must have a valid picture ID and two proofs of residence.
* Parents may register at one preschool site, registering at multiple sites will disqualify your child.
The Mobile County Public School System uses the Boehm Test of Basic Concepts to assess children's eligibility for participation in the Preschool Program. The Boehm Test of Basic Concepts-Preschool Version (Boehm-Preschool) is designed to measure a child's knowledge of twenty-six basic relational concepts considered necessary for achievement in the beginning years of school. These measured concepts are basic relational skills that help children understand and describe the world around them. Those children that demonstrate the greatest need are prioritized for participation in the program. A maximum of 20 students are served in each Preschool unit.