Welcome to the Mobile County Public School System! Our goal is to provide your child with the best education possible. Your involvement in the process is actively sought.
As with all school systems, there are certain state and local requirements, as well as documentation required for enrollment and the proper placement of your child. Your responsibility is to provide the following documentation within the specified time limits.
1. Birth Certificate (Grades Pre-K, K and 1) At Enrollment
2. Immunization Card
3. Guardianship/Custody orders At Enrollment If student does not live with natural parents
4. Permanent Academic/Attendance Records from Previous School - 30 days Your child's placement will be temporary until official records arrive from your previous school. The new school will request these records, but the responsibility for their receipt rests with the parents.
5. Proof of Residency At Enrollment Utility deposit, lease agreement, contract, etc.
6. Copy of Social Security Card or Waiver At Enrollment
School Enrollment Procedures Required for Registration:
Preschool * Copy of Official Birth Certificate * Social Security Card * Immunization Card * Proof of Residency required * Preschool students must be 4 years old on or before September 1 and reside in a Title I attendance zone. Preschool pre-registration is held the first Friday in March, all students must pre-register and complete the BOEHM preschool assessment. Students may pre-register at one preschool, anyone pre-registering at more that one preschool will be disqualified.
Kindergarten * Copy of Official Birth Certificate * Immunization Card * Social Security Card * Proof of Residency Required * Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before September 1.
First Grade * A child is eligible for admission to first grade if he/she reaches the sixth birthday on or before September 1 of the current school year.
Kindergarten and First Grade students should register in their current school attendance zones.
For additional information please contact Student Services at (251) 221-4245.