- All bus routes will remain the same. The info on pick up time will be posted on the MCPSS website. Bus shuttle times will be given out at Student Orientation.(Week of January 7)
- All drivers/walkers/car riders will be transported to Clark-Shaw from the strip parking lot of Murphy. These students MUST be at the strip lot at Murphy BEFORE 7:00
- No students will be allowed to drive to Clark-Shaw.
- Students riding the ZERO PERIOD bus will depart at 7:00 A.M. from the strip parking lot of Murphy.
- All AM Faulkner students will be transported to Faulkner from the strip parking lot of Murphy at 7:00 A.M..
- CO-Op students/ Student Spring Athletes will depart Clark-Shaw at 2:05 P.M. to the Murphy strip parking lot.
- All other students will be dismissed for transportation at 3:35 P.M.
- No students will be allowed to remain on Clark-Shaw’s campus after 3:35 P.M. during the orientation period.
- Early dismissals and tardy students will have to sign in with security at the front of Clark-Shaw entrance thru the Murphy canopy.
- Transportation questions can be answered by calling 221-5260.
LOCKER CLEAN-OUT January 3
Students pick up belongings from their lockers at Murphy High as follows:
- Seniors 9:00A.M.-10:00A.M.
- Freshmen 10:00A.M.-12:00P.M.
- Juniors 1:00P.M.- 2:00P.M.
- Sophomores 2:00 P.M.– 3:00P.M.
STUDENT ORIENTATION AND FIRST DAY OF CLASS
We will phase in the students by grade level. The Murphy staff will meet with each grade level at 8:30 A.M. in the cafeteria and then move to first block and report to all classes. We will not have any short block classes.
Grade 12 Jan 7 Grade10 Jan 9
Grade 11 Jan 8 Grade 9 Jan 10
DISCIPLINE AND UNIFORM POLICY
- Students MUST be in full uniform, this includes outerwear.
- Sagging pants and shirts not tucked will not be tolerated.
- Action on discipline infractions will be dealt with immediately.
- There will be NO student lockers.
- There will be no vending machines, no take-out/delivery lunches allowed, and no open-campus lunches.
2013 SECOND SEMESTER/Clark-SHAW
TAKE IN 8:35 A.M.
1ST BLOCK 8:45 A.M.-10:20 A.M.
2ND BLOCK 10:25 A.M. – 11:55 A.M.
3RD BLOCK 12:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M.
1ST WAVE 12:20 P.M.– 12:40 P.M. Buildings #46-60
2ND WAVE 12:40 P.M.– 1:00 P.M. Buildings #1-16
3RD WAVE 1:00 P.M.– 1:20 P.M. Buildings #17-33
4TH WAVE 1:20 P.M.– 1:40 P.M. 2 story building
5TH WAVE 1:40 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. Building #34-45
There will be no vending machines, no take-out/delivery lunches allowed, and no open-campus lunches.
4TH BLOCK 2:05 P.M. – 3:35 P.M.
Dismissal 3:35 P.M.
1/5/2013 9:23:01 AM
Panthers...We can do this! Just remember to pack ample snacks (veggie sticks, fruit, power bars, crackers, etc. ) and a bottled water in your book bag...The day will be a little longer for those of you that drive or ride in cars to the MHS parking strip to catch the shuttles; lunch also begins later than usual. Check with your bus driver about bringing drinks on board. Most drivers will only allow bottled drinks or a secure cup/thermos...Disposable drink/coffee cups are not allowed. Plan to take advantage of the morning breakfast that is being offered by the Food Services division...You will need it!
Chin up...shoulders back...Be ready to represent Murphy in a positive and productive way! We are all counting on you to do your part and we will be there to support each and every one of you every step of the way! Just remember, there are hundreds of people out there working 24/7 to bring this to fruition and we want to show them that their efforts are very much appreciated!
We also have to remember that the Clark/Shaw Magnet students have experienced a lot of changes on their campus and in the operation of their educational routine...We want to let them also know that we appreciate their willingness to share their campus and facilities with us. We can do this by setting an example of Leadership, Patience and yes...Endurance! Hopefully, many of those students will follow you back to a fully restored S. S. Murphy High School in the very near future!
Seniors 2013...Your class will always be remembered for the Leadership you exemplify to your peers and for the support that you extend to your teachers and administrators during this process...We will not forget and I know that every one of us will see that your graduation experience will be better than you can even imagine...Just 'Keep the Faith' ...this too shall pass! Chef Johnson